Thursday 17 April 2008

Let Them Help Themselves out of Poverty part 2

Things have moved on since Monday, in unexpected ways. Previously I had written to the Surrey Chamber of Commerce to enquire whether they would promote our event through their literature, website or other means or better still would they buy tickets to the event. I wasn't sure what to expect as this is not a Chamber event. I was therefore surprised to receive an email confirming that they were Happy to promote the event, however they were not sure they would be able to take up a table.

Nathalie continued to contact her friends and colleagues and on Tuesday I learned that one of them is fundraising for this project through various golf tournaments. on Tuesday I received further good news, a popular African Journal called the Promota confirmed that they were happy to run articles to promote the event for free!

The generosity of people is trully touching!

No comments: