Sunday 6 April 2008

How Was your day

How was your day?

We sometimes get asked this question and it’s easier to say “fine thanks” especially if you had a terrible day and don’t want to burden others with your “troubles”. For some reason the day that we are mostly likely to feel down is Monday. I don’t know why this is and will not even try to guess.
I had never paid attention to this “Monday thingy” until a friend pointed out to me on Sunday. I therefore made a point of “observing” my feelings on Monday (yesterday). I was in a really good mood all day, got on with all sorts of tasks including those I dislike. I went up to Chelsea at the end of the day to see an old friend and that visit was enjoyable.

When I got home I caught up with my email and discovered that Nathalie had set up a group on Face Book to do with a fundraising event that I am involved in as a favour to me. She and invited several people to join and 12 joined immediately. I was touched really touched by this and thought to myself what a really good day I have had. She is real gem that young lady

But things were about to change.. at 8.00 PM I decided to catch up with snail post and there it was.. a letter from BT stating that the monthly direct debit of £19 was to be increased to £96! Phew! I promptly got onto the phone to them to seek an explanation. I was informed that because I had cancelled my Broadband connection with BT I had incurred a charge of £476 exactly. I was livid, for you see having agreed to switch from AOL to BT they activated my line on 20 Feb, but failed to provide with the Hub to enable me to use the service, several phone calls and emails fell on deaf ears and today that equipment has never turned. I therefore cancelled the service and signed up with Sky. This saved me £20 a month too. I had anticipated that this would happen so had informed my Local Trading Standards office and when i mentioned this to BT last night the charge was promptly dropped!
Did that ruin what had been a very pleasant day? Only in part I was soon in high spirits again.
So how was your Monday? And How are you are today?





Posted by Picasa

No comments: