Sunday 13 April 2008

Let Them Help Themselves out of Poverty



Sometime in February, I got call out of the blue from someone by the name of Ann McCarthy. She informed me that she lived in Shepperton and had just picked up the Surrey Herald and read a story about me and my work. "Is there anyway we could meet up and perhaps see if we can work together?" continued Ann.

That was Thursday, I met Ann on a Sunday at her home in Shepperton. I was blown away her dedication to her voluntary work in Uganda especially to the people in Ruhanga given her age (sorry Ann) The first meeting was a 4 solid hours as Ann took me through the last 4years of her life in Uganda, her challenges as well as her hopes. By the end of those 4 hours we had come up with the idea of this event
which will also be a show case of the work of the women in that village

The reason I agreed to get involved in this was because through Ann I had found someone that understands the principles of helping people to help themselves as being a more dignified way out of poverty. We went to work. I called on everyone I know. A good friend Nathalie Jamois of a http://www.abricot-production.com/ donated a website for the event.

Shahid Azeem from Channel 4' Millionaire Mission agreed to be our guest speaker,



Mirembe Campbellagreed to doante her time to host the event


A Uganda band also agreed to entertain the guests for free. We also had an offer for free advertising from Connect Uganda.com as well as UgPulse.co

So all that's left now is to sell the tickets to the event

No comments: