Thursday 11 September 2008

How do you pass your time at work

Well during my visit to Uganda I needed access to the internet and printer to prepare for a meeting
So I called into the Golf Course Hotel in Kampala Uganda, with a view to using their Business services. I was pleasantly surprised that they allowed me to do even if I was not a Resident.

I finished whatever I wanted to do I then waited in the lobby for my bill and whilst I waited I noticed this member of staff looking intently at the water fountain in the lobby.


Golf course Hotel Lobby

At first I was not sure what had fascinated him so, until he called out to a colleague who was mopping the floor of the lobby and pointed out the fish in the water fountain. His colleague told him that he had work to do and would take a look later. But he stayed put for what seemed like ages and even when he decided it was time to go he could tear himself away!



Is he really working?

As I started my working life in the hotel industry I found this rather surprising as in my day you could never stand around in the lobby in that manner even if your were part of what is called Front Office Staff! I got my phone camera out and I too discreetly took photos of him as I sat there not working!
Was he lucky that the Managers never saw him or did he give the impression that he was working?



He can't tear himself away

No comments: