Thursday 18 September 2008

Do I practice what I preach

Possible answers

Million dollar question

Of course I do

or some of the time

I would prefer to use all of the above. I have a fear of anything techy and are more likely to avoid it until
some good samaritan takes the fear out before I approach

I have had a lot of those here and they are worried about turning into a geek;-)

I say no chance dear friends, but I will do my best to learn and take everything that you teach me on board.


So where am I going with this I hear you ask?

Well I often wonder whether I too have skills to share with others or whether those skills that I believe I have are of any use to anyone.

I found the answer during my recent trip, and the answer is you never really know until you are asked!

How many times have I said that to people I know or anyone that cares to listen for that matter?
I have lost count is the honest answer!

One afternoon in Tanzania I found myself sharing those techy skills that I claim not to possess. This included teaching my cotton bags producer and her entire staff how to use email, loading pictures onto Picassa and inviting others to view them as well as making free phone calls using the google talk function!

Now until I was asked I took it for granted that everyone knows about this stuff and that I especially could not teach anyone this stuff in simple language!

Another morning in Uganda I was teaching an entire team of teachers how to network effectively and how ask for referrals! Until May this year I had no clue as to how to ask for a referral effectively. But a conversation with this man soon sorted that out

http://www.ecademy.com/account.php?id=221900;-)

Are you with me? I sincerely hope so;-)

No comments: