Sunday 18 May 2008

Springing into Action

We are nearly half way through May and a busy start to the month. It's also been a time of mixed blessings. Following my participation at the Guildford Business event, I was approached to participate in an upcoming summer school event aimed at youngsters about to leave college. This is a very exciting prospect for me.

On Monday 12 May 2008, I joined the good folk at Guildford Mukono link at their Annual General Meeting. It was touching to see so many people doing their bit to support those less fortunate than they are in a land so far away from them. http://www.guildford-uganda.com/. I was honoured to be part of this event as my late father did a lot of work in this district.

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 the ladies at Elmbridge Women in Business (EWIB)were introduced to our products and it was a pleasure note how well the products were received.

On the downside I had hoped to get a few products into Harrods and Chester zoo having got very good initial feedback, sadly this all fell through. This was disappointing news indeed.

There was a new development too at http://www.lethemhelpthemselves.com/ as a decision was reached to register the initiative as a Charity. Two members of EWIB offered their services for us to auction at the event in October.


Elsewhere I met up with the ladies at http://www.surreywomensenterprise.co.uk/ met up to review where we are with the upcoming Summer event. This was a useful meeting indeed as it transpired that other group members have had similar struggles to mine.

And finally I got hold of someone that is willing to take on my book project!

No comments: